Wednesday, December 18, 2013

December 18, 2013

Had to skip posting for a few days this week - woke up monday morning with excruciating joint and bone pain.  First I took two Ibuprofen, then a Vicodin, then another Vicodin - and was still suffering badly so I knew I just needed to get to the hospital for my first appointment - and they would find me some relief.   Had my 13th RAD then saw the oncologist before chemo.  She decided not to give me the Napalm part of my drug treatment because of the terrible side-effects I was having - and they added dilaudid to my IV and proceeded with the Herceptin and Prejeta.   I had mixed feelings about this - but part of the treatment is also "quality of life" and if I can't move because of pain or sickness - my quality of life is definitely affected!   I'm getting double treatment at the same time with the radiation AND the chemo - so I'm quietly relieved that I have a few weeks respite from the harsh Taxol and I can probably enjoy my holidays feeling pretty well.
My view during chemo right at the water's edge and light snow!

After a few days of rest and shows - here we are at wednesday before Christmas.

Had my 15th full head radiation today - and met with the radiology oncology doctor afterwards.  Everything is going as planned - we (I) will try and take less steroids and see how I feel.  My head and face are turning a light shade of red - and even my eyelids are sweating during the show.  They might have to start calling me "radiation girl" while I stuff cold packs into my costumes to cool down.   I've only got 5 more zaps - and my face is a swollen Eskimo ball of snow!  I will be glad to get some definition on my cheeks again - and eyes that I might be able to see out of clearly again….   Luckily - the look kinda works for the show - a little like Who-ville!

The amazing wig and costume departments have added a band to keep the heavy hat on my head during Emerald City scenes - it's working very well so far - even on a bald head!  They rock.

This week brings many new cast changes to the show - our adorable new Glinda - straight from London  - Gina Beck (Gina Beck bio).   Love that English accent!
Gina Beck here in Chicago
Alison Fraser (Alison Fraser bio) brings her dynamic stage presence to Madame Morrible!  She's a legend… just saying.

Tonight - we are required to have our trunks packed for pick-up by the crew - so they can transport them to Providence on the trucks.  It takes a little work - but it's nice to be able to send ahead things that you know you won't be needing until the next city.

I'm gonna try and get this done before I fall into bed now.  I want to eat - and I do - but my favorite things taste like a whole lotta nothing or just salt!  Nachos = warm cardboard, pizza = warm styrofoam.
Hot and sour Thai soup is good - crunchy cookies - fizzy water - give me a little satisfaction.





No comments:

Post a Comment