Monday, December 30, 2013

December 28, 2013

Merry Belated Christmas, Everyone!


I am finally out of Chicago and in beautiful downtown Providence, RI.  There is a lovely iceskating rink outside my window and my Biltmore room feels very european and grand.   And there is SUNSHINE!  I've missed you, sunshine….

Family Christmas was so very special to me - we played games, opened presents, ate lots and lots, and laughed even more!  I will never forget how blessed I am and how wonderful my family is.   
Here are some moments:
Mom, Megan, Jonah


Mom and I at Joffery Ballet's Nutcracker!
Mom and Megan in a plank contest that ended in a downward dog - Mom won….


Gregg Jr and aunt Dina

Megan and Gregg doing a great SNL song
Aunt Dina ineptly took a picture instead of a video….

Megan and Gregg


Trouble on the slopes
 Megan shows off her new ski googles for her New Years trip to the snow!
Rick and Susan

Megan and Jonah

How do people live in this city?  It is too cold to even walk around!

Dina and Megan at Chicago's Bean!  
 The hotel set up a tree and left supplies to decorate sugar cookies
Aunt Dina terrorizes Logan in the process...
Logan's cookie creation


My cookie creation  

Mom tries to rescue Logan



Christmas Eve dinner at David Burke's Primehouse, Chicago!


Mom and I

Rick's birthday!  Julie, Gregg, Megan, Gregg Jr, Jonah and Logan
Rick loves Jelly Bellys 

Freezing cold Chicago lunch

Playing Head's Up and watching the video of how silly we look!
Completed my 20 full head radiation treatment on Thurs Dec 26 - Boxing Day.  And in honor of the day - I banged the gong with Megan filming and plan to never have to go through that again!

Bangin' the Gong!

I will return in a month to get an MRI - that hopefully will show that we zapped all those cancer spots in my brain!  If there are a few left - they will use the Gamma-knife to target the suckers and erase them forever…


Preview of next post - not feeling so great….






No comments:

Post a Comment